Vaccine #1

 Got my first vaccine (Moderna) on Monday. Super easy process. I surprised myself by how emotional I felt when she was doing it. I'm sure they get this a lot but after over a year of this getting that shot in my arm brought up some feels. The shot didn't hurt, my arm ached a few hours afterward but I've slept on it and had no real issues. Woke up yesterday dizzy and my head felt heavy. Ibuprofen and water helped. Still quite a bit headachy today, could be sinuses, headaches aren't uncommon for me this time of year. Ibuprofen helps but doesn't totally shake it. I'm a little worried about the second shot because that's when the big reaction is supposed to happen and since my first shot reaction (if that's what it is) has been bigger than a lot of people's maybe that one will suck. On the other hand, maybe it will be better and it could be the headaches aren't shot related at all and just the effects of being a mom in the time of allergy season. Anyway, bottom line, first shot is done, second one is scheduled for May 24, and either way I'm gonna get them and join Team Fully Vaccinated because it looks fun there.

Saturday was Independent Bookstore Day and that was a blast. We hit four bookstores in six hours and spent all the change James and I rolled a few weeks ago (not in change form, we put it in the bank first with the exception of James's roll of dimes, dutifully counted by the kind cashier at Brick and Mortar Books in Redmond.) James got three books and four more for him and Max to share and I bought eight for myself and won two freebies. I also might have placed some online orders, I cannot be stopped. Plus I won a free audiobook and (this was the best prize ever,) 25% off every in store purchase at my favorite local bookstore between now and next independent bookstore day. That's a dangerous prize if ever there was one. So I ended up not spending as much in that shop as anticipated and was able to up my donation to help the Covid fight in India. Things are just awful in India right now, no words. They are out of hospital beds, out of oxygen, so many funeral pyres burning they are chopping down trees in public parks for kindling...it's a horrible situation. Makes you realize how lucky you are.

So yeah, that's the news from here this week. Not a lot to it, going to take the headache to bed.

Media consumption: I've been watching the Donna Reed show and not gonna lie, it's soothing.

The only book from this weekend I've read so far is a history of baseball in Tacoma and Pierce County. It was good! Currently reading a memoir in poetry from former U.S. Poet Laureate Phil Levine (interesting) and a novel in verse called Starfish about a girl who is bullied for being overweight...that one hits a little close at moments but it's a good book.

Today I'm grateful for books, hugs, ibuprofen, takeout, clean laundry, my hammock, good weather, pasta salad, and an early bedtime for all.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day #70: Writers and Illustrators

Day #21: How We Came to Love Our Hospital

Day #143: Inspiration, Again