Day #291: Christmas is EXHAUSTING

 Yeah, I've been a little AWOL. Truth is, I'm really really tired.

Saturday night was the neighborhood cookie swap, an event deemed "Corona Christmas Cookie Convention" by its organizers. Bake cookies, bag them up, set up a distribution center in front of your house. Super adorable. Much work. 

Saturday night I went to bed early but Josh woke me up accidentally by walking around on the deck outside the bedroom window. My brain naturally assumed he was an intruder come to kidnap James. Nighttime brains are like this. 

Today the kids were WIRED. First official day of winter break, POURING. We went to the beach and ran around in the rain. After writing Christmas cards. Not sending many, just to the people on James's list. 

Now it's snowing and James is WIRED. Tomorrow will also be a long day.

Plus today I did all the holiday grocery shopping and those sorts of errands.

It's been said before but it's worth saying again: Christmas is really tiring for moms. 

I'm gonna try to at least sort presents tonight. Even if I don't get to any wrapping, it's been such a long month I don't even know what all I have...want to feel prepared.

Media consumption: I watched all the Christmas episodes of The Wonder Years. That was fun. That's not a show that's fun to binge in 2020 but I've enjoyed dabbling. I watched The Happiest Season on Hulu yesterday. I didn't hate it but (SPOILER ALERT) I didn't like the ending. I wanted Kristin Stewart to end up with Aubrey Plaza.

I am, because I am a crazy person, doing a readathon this week too. I'm about to fall way behind. But I did read How Mrs. Claus Saved Christmas and it was...okay. And I finished Winter Hours by Mary Oliver and it was...okay. And I'm currently reading a new middle grade book out of the UK called The Steam Whistle Theatre Company which is...okay.

Today I'm grateful for Mario Kart, chocolate, shopping by myself, hot showers, and sleep. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day #70: Writers and Illustrators

Day #21: How We Came to Love Our Hospital

Day #143: Inspiration, Again