Day #185: In Which We Try to Marry PowerPoint and Zoom

 First day of a three day weekend, kind of a blah day. Off to a late start. We need to get Daddy on a work type schedule.

Spent a good chunk of the afternoon preparing for Tuesday's interview, which meant making a powerpoint (I tried to avoid it, it was inevitable) and trying to figure out how to "present" my portion of the interview on Zoom. It really does make one think about whether you actually want this job you would have to start in the midst of a pandemic. And make me feel sorry for my husband.

Trying to gear up for the rest of the weekend spent having fun and barbecuing food with family. It's hard. I love my family but I don't feel up to much after this week. 

Then facebook memories reminded me of years of working as a hospital volunteer. That was rough. I don't know when we'll ever get that back.

So today was not a great or uplifting day. I did read, though...I started a new book called The Lotterys Plus One, which is, well, it's trying too hard to be too many things to too many people. But I did finish Miranda and the Movies yesterday, it was MUCH better than I was expecting, and I read When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead on audio while on my kid free walk (!) yesterday...I thought it was a re-read but I don't think I'd actually read it before and it was lovely, an homage to A Wrinkle in Time in all the best ways.

Today I'm grateful for singing with Max, that James loves audiobooks, my long-suffering husband, and one more day of health and life. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day #70: Writers and Illustrators

Day #21: How We Came to Love Our Hospital

Day #143: Inspiration, Again