Day #174: A Zoom Job Interview

 Job interviews are strange animals in the best of times. Job interviews by Zoom are beyond weird.

I wore a skirt and a nice shirt. Josh laughed at me. But somehow it put me in a better mood and made me feel better prepared even though I know they couldn't see it.

There was a 4 person interview team. At least 2 of them looked like they were doing it from home. No one was wearing a mask so maybe they all were.

I admitted to doing my research by peeking into library windows when it was closed. I'm sure they found that amusing. It was harder than it even normally is for me to keep from talking over them.

It was day 1 of their interviews so I don't even know if I was the first person or what. They seemed to have their act together. Of course, I'm sure they do this a lot. They expect at least one more round of interviews, probably more, so we'll just have to see. I knew it would be competitive.

I was emotional after...I don't know why. It's been a long time since I did this and these times are so weird. James and Daddy ran an errand and I took Max to the beach. He didn't nap in the car like I hoped he would but it was nice to just sit by the water and throw rocks with him. Soothing.

I of course ended up down a rabbit hole of LinkedIn and started exploring all the grand advancements people I once knew have done in their careers while I've been a stay at home mom. Pro tip: don't do that. It's not awesome for one's emotional health. And it's important to remember what I HAVE been doing these six years. Hence, I took Max to the beach.

One day at a time. I don't know how Josh endures these job interviews. But I'm glad to have done it...if nothing else, glad after 6 years as a stay at home mom that my resume rose to a point in the pile where they were at least willing to talk to me.

Media consumption: I'm hoping to finish that damn Olive Kitteridge book tomorrow and I made a little progress with Felix Ever After today. I'm contemplating getting into bed and binging Frasier. It feels like a Frasier kind of a day.

Today I'm grateful for the beach, my kids, my supportive husband, and not making myself do outrageous things like eat dinner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day #70: Writers and Illustrators

Day #21: How We Came to Love Our Hospital

Day #143: Inspiration, Again