Day #167: Short and Sweet

 I gotta go to bed so this will be as advertised. Having a toddler who is iffy on sleep means mom gets to choose between time to herself to do things like blog and reflect...or sleep. Because the day starts at 7 regardless of when I go to bed.

I'm popping on here because I want to record an image that I saw today on our Take a Mini Road Trip Because the Baby Needs a Nap and Daddy Has a Job Interview drive (patent pending, thank goodness for big kid audiobooks.) We were driving through a fairly small town not incredibly far from here and there's a dirt and sometimes paved trail running next to a river running next to the road. Gorgeous late afternoon, this week's heat wave has lifted and I saw something I want to keep in my head because I want to do some writing about it.

Across the road from an old farmhouse, sitting on the trail were a couple in wheelchairs. Just sitting, side by side, watching the old house and the field behind it and the cars going by...more than usual because there was a detour on that road.

I don't know how old they were or who they were but something about them just sitting there together in their chairs made me want to tell their story. So I'm putting it here so as not to forget.

Media consumption: Over halfway done with The Miseducation of Cameron Post now. That book is long. Also over halfway done with Olive Kitteridge and that book is irritating me.

Today I'm grateful for a good dinner with my husband, clean laundry meaning the comfy clothes are clean, good friends, both my kids snuggling me first thing in the morning, and another day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day #70: Writers and Illustrators

Day #21: How We Came to Love Our Hospital

Day #143: Inspiration, Again