Day #117: Transitions

My husband's last day of work is Wednesday. Today was a big step. They are shutting the place down...I'll spare you the details...but today was a big step. It hurt. It hurt me and I wasn't there. I'm glad I have pictures of my kids there.

I 100% believe that when a door closes God opens a window. This has been true all my life. But doors are easier. This is also true.

Then, today, when my kids and I FINALLY got out of the house at 6 p.m. to walk around the block, we ran into our neighbors, the ones behind us, who have the little girl James plays with. They are moving.

They aren't moving far, just a mile or so. The kids will see each other. Her cousins are moving into their house...six kids! That's a lot of friends to make. It's going to be okay. But it's not going to be the same.

I feel like that is my mantra these days. It's going to be okay. But it's not going to be the same.

Media today: today was laundry day which means lots of TV and it was Monday which meant we all sat down together and watched a movie. Finding Nemo. It's a super cute movie and I really like it but it's not all happiness. That movie starts with a big loss. That's easy to forget.

I am reading Exodus. Did I mention I am working my way slowly through the Bible? I didn't start at the beginning but am doing it now. I don't think people who say they've read the whole Bible are telling the truth. You forget a lot of Exodus is directions for really exciting things like designing priest's robes. I think I'm in for more of this in Leviticus.

I am still reading With the Fire On High and it is AMAZING. I would say it's the best representation of teen parenting I've seen in literature...except...I think it's the only representation. Teen pregnancy I've seen. Teen parenting not so much.

James and I are also reading our way through some GLTBQ picture books for Pride now that the library is open, so that's awesome.

Today I'm grateful for sunny days, neighbors, making leftovers into dinner, dark chocolate mint Kit Kats, Max actually going to sleep at a real time like a person, and one more glorious day of life and good health in this crazy world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day #70: Writers and Illustrators

Day #21: How We Came to Love Our Hospital

Day #143: Inspiration, Again